- D3.1 explain the process of meiosis in terms of cell division and the movement of chromosomes.
- D3.2 explain how the concepts of DNA, genes, chromosomes, alleles, mitosis, and meiosis account for the transmission of hereditary characteristics from generation to generation.
- D3.3 explain the concepts of genotype, phenotype, dominance, recessiveness, and sex linkage.
- D3.4 describe some genetic disorders that are caused by chromosomal abnormalities (e.g., non-disjunction) or other genetic mutations.
- D3.5 describe reproductive technologies such as cloning, artificial insemination, and in vitro fertilization.