The thermometer is an instrunment that measures temperature.
A mercury or alcohol thermometer is made up of:
- a reservoir containing a liquid that expands under the influence of heat.
- a capillary tube in whuch the liquid rises or falls
- graduations for the measurement, with the scale used depending on the application at hand
Reading the graduation attained by the liquid level indicates the temperature.
Move the magnifying glass over the graduations on the thermometer.
- To understand the principle behind the functioning of a liquid expansion thermometer.
- To know how to carry out temperature measurements.
The thermometer is an instrument that measures temperature. It is an instrument that is widely used, notably in meteorology, medicine and cooking.
The most currently used thermometers use…
Subscribe now to read more about this topic!